Friday 26 December 2008

15.6 miles moderate

In the late afternoon I tried a new route all the way along Great Western Road as far as Duntocher, then back home via Duntocher Road, Drymen Road and Maryhill Road. I settled into a comfortable pace and ran the first half of the route between 6:40/mile and 7:00/mile, depending on how hilly it was. I was still feeling fine after about 10 miles when I reached the long downhill section from Baljaffray to Canniesburn Toll and picked up the pace a bit. I had no particular time goal so I concentrated on running negative splits. This seemed to work quite well and my average mile pace dropped below 6:40 with a couple of miles to go, by which time I was having to work a bit harder, although this was still marathon PB pace. Finished in 1:43:38. The distance came out at 15.66 miles which gives me a 6:37/mile average.

No comments: