Thursday 8 January 2009

2.9 miles steady, 6.9 miles tempo, 2.9 miles easy

I ran up to training at a fairly steady pace although slightly too fast for comfort because I though I might be late, but it turned out that I still had to wait a few minutes when I got there as there was a larger gap than usual between packs going out. The fastest two packs were combined into one, and we ran the first couple of miles down to Anniesland Cross and towards Crow Road at a 7-minute pace. As we headed towards Dumbarton Road the pace increased and people started to drop off, particularly after the climb up Gardner Street. After having dodged pedestrians on Byres Road, we were down to two on Cleveden Road and now running 6-minute miles, but only just starting to catch the earlier packs. We eased off slightly after the last climb up Cowal Road and got back to Garscube Estate in 43:48 for a 6:22/mile average which is a bit skewed by the slow start. Ran back home at a fairly easy pace.

No comments: