Tuesday 23 June 2009

6.5 miles steady

I took a break on Monday and felt just about fit enough to turn up for Tuesday's club training session, mostly because it was an out-and-back where I could run at whatever pace I liked. The plan was to run along the canal for 23 minutes, then turn around and run back to the start in 22. The hamstring was causing me a few problems on the way out but nothing I didn't feel able to run through. We stuck to a steady pace and almost made it as far as the footbridge to the Student Village. I duly picked it up on the way back although it was hard to judge the pace, and I arrived back at the start nearly half a minute too early, even with a lot of easing off towards the end. The distance came out at 6.52 miles, completed in 44:35 for a 6:50/mile average.

No comments: