Monday 11 August 2008

10K moderate, 7.5K steady

Went out before breakfast for my preferred 10K route along the canal. It was a bit tougher than usual after I'd overdone it slightly the day before. At the halfway mark it looked unlikely that I would beat 40 minutes, although I was quite content to settle for completing the run. Got back home in 41:08, around 6:37 per mile.

In the evening I ran a loop from Bearsden Asda past the rugby club and round the far side of Milngavie Station. It looked like coming out a bit short so on the way back I made a detour via Roman Road and Bearsden Cross which took it up to almost exactly 7.5K. Time was 32:34, an average of just inside 7-minute miles. In the last few hundred metres my sore quads turned into a bit of a bit of a thigh strain on the right side, which I attempted to work on with some stretching when I got home.

No comments: