Thursday 7 August 2008

9K moderate, 9.15 miles steady

Went out before breakfast for the first time this week. My only concession to the terrible conditions was that I stayed away from the canal and ran my old 9K route via Dorchester Avenue. I reached Great Western Road in a brisk 19:05 and tried to ease off a bit after that, but finished in a route PB of 36:40 (6:31 per mile).

In the evening there was nobody around for the club training session as they were mostly involved in a trail race at Dawsholm Park. A small pack had gone out a bit earlier so I ran the route I had already had in mind, up Milngavie Road to the West of Scotland Rugby Club, then the undulating countryside course of the Hogmanay Handicap, and back down Milngavie Road. It came out at 9.15 miles which I completed in a fairly steady 1:04:04, about 7:00 per mile.

No comments: