Sunday 15 February 2009

3.4 miles slow, 9.3 miles hard

Went out in the morning with Natasha to repeat the previous day's route. In the afternoon I had been thinking of running 18 miles or so to make it up to a reasonable total for the week, but I felt too lethargic and was worried about running out of energy halfway round. Instead I tried an old route via Great Western Road, Lincoln Avenue, Danes Drive and Clarence Drive which I used to attempt to run inside an hour. I made good progress along Great Western Road and had reached the other side of Bearsden Road, not far away from the 3-mile mark, just inside 18 minutes. I crossed the railway bridge at Scotstounhill at around 30 minutes which was far ahead of my previous attempts, and was approaching the old Crow Road railway bridge at 40 minutes with my average pace inside 6:20/mile. Sub-60 minutes was guaranteed so I extended the route by about half a mile, via Queen Margaret Drive and Maryhill Road. Finishing time was 58:21 for 9.31 miles, average pace 6:16/mile. Weekly total: 45 miles.

No comments: