Sunday 22 February 2009

5.3 miles slow, 18.4 miles moderate

Went out in the morning for a longer run with Natasha - up Maryhill Road to join the canal at Lock 21, down to Dorchester Avenue and home via Great Western Road and Napiershall Street. It came out at 5.32 miles. I calculated that I was about 18 miles short of 50 for the week and had already been thinking about having another go at my Newton Mearns route, so despite feeling vaguely lethargic in the afternoon I set off in that direction, this time without taking anything to drink. I felt better once I had passed Shawlands and was just short of Whitecraigs station after 50 minutes, maintaining a reasonable 7-minute mile pace. The GPS-measured 9-mile mark was where I turned right at Mearns Cross in marginally over 63 minutes, well ahead of my fastest previous attempt. I made up more time down Capelrig Road and Thornliebank Road and was around 1:30 at the half marathon point. Got back home in 2:07:28 for a 6:55/mile average, distance was actually 18.42 miles. Weekly total: 50 miles.

No comments: