Thursday 9 April 2009

5 miles moderate

After a couple of days off to recover, I felt just about able to train with the club, although the scheduled session was a 7-mile run. That would have been the furthest I'd run since Balloch to Clydebank, so I thought I would probably fall off the pace at some point, depending on who turned up. While I was still in the car, trying to get a GPS signal, I saw a fairly large group head off in the direction of the top gate, and wondered if that might have been the fast pack, although I couldn't pick anybody out. I was ready a couple of minutes later but discovered that everybody had gone, so evidently the top two or three packs had been combined due to low numbers. I had no chance of catching anyone, so when I couldn't see anyone in the distance at Anniesland Cross I took the opportunity to run a shorter route along Anniesland Road, Southbrae Drive, back up Crow Road and in the top gate. The bridge over the Kelvin was exactly at the 5-mile point. I had applied quite a lot of heat spray before coming out, but I didn't help matters by setting out quite fast and hamstring tightness started to bother me along Southbrae Drive. Finished in 32:42 for a reasonable 6:32/mile average. As I was driving home, I saw Marco stretching away from the others along Maryhill Road.

No comments: