Sunday 10 May 2009

3.4 miles steady, 9.4 miles steady

Went out in the morning for the usual 3.4 steady miles around the West End, finishing in 23:48. In the afternoon I was feeling a bit better than on Saturday and tried a longer route via Great Western Road to Blairdardie, over the canal and back along Canniesburn Road and Maryhill Road. The 30 minute mark was just as I was reaching Drumchapel Road, which was a bit down on my previous attempt in December but still not too bad. Shortly afterwards, heavy rain came on, mixed with hail for a while, and stayed on until I got home. GPS reception stopped abruptly at Canniesburn Toll so I had no reliable indication of my pace from that point on but aimed to finish inside 1:05. The distance as measured on my previous attempt was 9.4 miles, time on this occasion was 1:04:33 which is a couple of minutes down on my best time. Average pace was 6:52/mile. Weekly total: 40 miles.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Spotted today.............flying along Maryhill Rd must have been sub 5's at least, alright for some eh


John the Jogger

Stephen Mulrine said...

It only looked fast because you were driving in the opposite direction!