Thursday 7 May 2009

7.9 miles tempo

The club training session was supposed to be an 8-mile run. I considered running there and back for the first time in ages but thought better of it, which was just as well as the fast pack set out very promptly and I would have missed them if I'd run. The route took us over Rannoch Drive and through Milngavie to Craigdhu Road and up to the roundabout, then back down Drymen Road with an optional diversion along Station Road and over Pendicle Road before heading back along Maryhill Road to the main gate. The first couple of miles were fairly steady but after 4 miles or so I was having to work quite hard not to fall more than a few metres off the pace. I got back on terms on the downhill section and on Drymen Road we started to drop below a 6-minute pace. After the hill on Pendicle Road I knew I wasn't going to be dropped, although I suspect a few people were taking it easier than usual on account of races at the weekend. Distance was 7.86 miles, completed in 51:52 for a 6:36/mile average.

No comments: