Thursday 8 November 2007

7 miles hard - nearly

Got to Garscube just before 7.30 due to heavy traffic on Maryhill Road but there was no sign of anyone, not even on the way up the road. Marc from Shettleston Harriers appeared after a few minutes and he hadn't seen anyone on the way down from the top gate either. We thought they must have headed out towards the Ski Centre in Bearsden so ran in what we guessed would be the opposite direction in the hope of meeting the fast group halfway, but after a few miles it looked like we were on our own. Really cold - I had dug out my running tights and a long-sleeved top for the first time this year. Kept up well enough for the most part but coming up for 5 miles I told Marc he could go ahead if he wanted, then I got stuck at some lights and couldn't pick it up at all afterwards. Right calf really stiff but I think I should be able to fend off actual injury with a course of stretching. Total distance was 5.8 miles. We saw the rest of the club coming in from the top gate just after we arrived, no idea where they went.

I should add that Wednesday's five-a-side match turned out to be a gruelling 3 vs 3.

No comments: