Thursday 29 November 2007

7.5 miles hard

Got to the Science Park just in time to see the fast group heading towards the gate. Marc from Shettleston Harriers had only just arrived as well, so we headed off at a fast pace to try and catch the others, although they were already out of sight and we had to guess which way they'd gone - almost correctly, as it turned out, as we met them running in the opposite direction near the Ski Centre. I held on at the back of the group and became slightly detached as we headed back down through Bearsden. The scheduled run was 6 miles but they opted to do a bit more by turning at Bearsden Station. I thought of heading straight back to the Science Park with everybody else who was doing the planned 6, but as the session had started a bit earlier than usual, I had enough time to take the longer route. Going up Pendicle allowed me to move off the back and I made up some ground on the others going through Westerton. Gained another place with a mile to go, then had trouble following the twists and turns of the route when I lost sight of the group in front, and lost a bit of momentum. Dropped a place on the final stretch but finished not too far back and quite pleased with my effort - longest run at that kind of pace for a good while.

No comments: