Thursday 22 November 2007

A few days off

I appear to have some kind of groin/hamstring injury and have decided to rest for a few days, apart from playing football on Wednesday. Didn't feel significantly worse afterwards, so I should be restored to full health soon. Stretching by leaning back as much as possible, particularly when lying face down, seems to help.

Went to training tonight but only to buy a bright yellow top for Natasha. I was immediately pounced on and nagged to run in this weekend's cross-country - I was needed for the team because somebody else had pulled out. Pointed out that I was wearing outdoor clothes but nobody took the hint so I had to explain I was injured, for once conveniently. I expect to be just about OK again by Saturday but no way would I be running 6 miles round a field anyway. I may do one short cross-country race a year (the Dunbartonshire relay championships) but that's it.

No comments: