Tuesday 8 January 2008

4+ miles easy

The club had a fartlek session scheduled for this evening, which normally seems like a complete waste of time, but I was feeling a bit under the weather and thought I'd go along and just take it easy. Unfortunately I missed the start while I was engaged in a fruitless search of the car for one of my gloves. I chose a likely route to catch the others and headed off towards Kessington, deciding fairly quickly that I didn't really care whether I caught up with anyone as I wouldn't be able to run the fast bits very fast. Also noticed that I was overheating in my running tights, long-sleeved top and t-shirt - the weather was supposed to be a lot worse. On reaching the top of Rannoch Drive I spotted some clubmates heading towards me and was informed that my usual group was somewhere behind them, although I apparently misunderstood (or they were mistaken) as I ran back the way they'd come and didn't see a soul. This was fine, because it suddenly started howling a gale, and I regretted not having found the other glove as I was pelted with freezing rain on the way back down the road. I wouldn't have gone out on a fartlek in those conditions anyway. Managed to complete the run (such as it was) without blowing up, still not feeling fit though.

No comments: