Sunday 20 January 2008

SVHC Relays and 6 miles steady

The Scottish Veteran Harriers Club Relays were at Strathclyde Park on Sunday morning. For a change, I was on the second leg. We were 12th of 14 clubs when I set off but I was able to make up quite a few places and handed over in 5th - we finished 4th overall. My time for the 3.8 miles was 20:54 which is exactly 5:30 per mile. If I had expected the miles to be marked, this would have been my goal pace. I was faster than that for the first couple of miles (difficult to pace when I'm chasing people). Conditions were fine and the course was almost flat.

Later in the afternoon I went out for a steady 6 miles, the route I run occasionally through Ruchill Park, Lambhill, Gilshochill and back down Maryhill Road. Felt OK, nothing worse than a bit of leg stiffness.

No comments: