Thursday 21 February 2008

5.75 miles tempo

I didn't quite feeling like training with the club but the weather improved a bit in the evening so I dragged myself along for a run scheduled as 5/6 miles. It started off at a leisurely pace but the fast group disintegrated on Great Western Road after a couple of miles. I had intended to keep up with the leaders a bit longer but didn't have the energy and was also overheating, having dressed for colder conditions. I was third to finish in a reasonable 37:02. On arriving home I discovered a serious-looking bruise at the base of my shin from a late tackle at football the night before - I was aware of the injury while I was running although it wasn't causing me any problems, but for some reason the run made it look much worse than it had before.

1 comment:

Marco Consani said...

That was a tough wee run last night Stephen. Well done. I was knackered trying to keep up with Ali...