Thursday 28 February 2008

6+ miles moderate

After making it through football on Wednesday relatively unscathed, I went along to train with the club, prepared to have to run close to race pace in order to try to keep up. However my Achilles tendon felt a bit doubtful as I warmed up in the car park so I thought it was more likely that I would have to pull out after a mile or so. As it turned out, the fast pack was severely depleted - there were only two of us. We weren't sure of the route, which was supposed to be 7 miles, so we took our best guess and did actually manage to meet another pack after 4 miles or so, although by the end we were almost a mile short so there was probably a wrong turn in there somewhere. Didn't really push it but only got dropped during the last half mile.

No comments: