Sunday 10 February 2008

7 miles hard

I went out intending to run up Maryhill Road as far as Canniesburn Toll, then down to Anniesland Cross and back home along Great Western Road - originally planned to run for at least an hour but was short of time. I managed the first mile (almost entirely uphill) in 6:20 and thought I should ease off a bit, as I only wanted to rack up some miles, but when I got to the cut-off point for my usual 7 mile route, which takes me through the Science Park, a PB was definitely on. I went that way instead and was a few seconds up on my previous best split when crossing the Kelvin. There was a bit of a headwind along Great Western Road which was unusual, so I wondered if I'd been pushed along by a tailwind on Maryhill Road, but when I got to the Botanic Gardens the PB was virtually guaranteed, and the goal was now sub-44. Had some minor traffic problems in the last mile but finished in 43:55, knocking a whole 49 seconds off my previous best from December 27th.

No comments: