Sunday 13 April 2008

5K slow

We were at a wedding in Strathpeffer at the weekend, so I went on the usual slow 5K around the West End with Natasha when we got back on Sunday evening, just to stretch the legs a bit after hours of driving.

On arriving in Strathpeffer on Saturday I had noticed yellow start/finish signs for a race, and some red and white tape marking a course along the old railway line. It would have been ideal to take part in whatever it was before the wedding, but I hadn't brought any running gear. Then when we went to visit my relatives in Dingwall on Sunday, there was a "CAUTION RUNNERS" sign at the end of their road. I wondered if it had been from the previous day's race which would have made it some sort of half marathon at least, but it turned out there was the Knockfarrel hill race in Strathpeffer on Saturday and the Cioch Mhor hill race in Dingwall on Sunday. It sounds like it would be a great weekend of hill running, although I have no idea whether it's practical to run two races in two days.

No comments: