Thursday 24 April 2008

7.25 miles tempo

The club's fast pack was depleted once again and was combined with the next pack. This also meant they set out a bit earlier than usual and had disappeared across the Kelvin by the time I got out of the car. I caught up with them on the canal after about a mile, by which time I had a stitch on account of drinking too much Powerade too quickly and then running at about 6-minute mile pace. The pack was running at a steadier pace when I caught them, so I was able to ease off a bit, although the stitch never really went away.

Just after the halfway point on Great Western Road, the pace picked up a bit and the pack gradually fell apart. I stayed just off the front apart from when I pushed forward going up Cleveden Road and then Cowal Road after we got the route slightly wrong, which added maybe 200m. Finished in about 48 minutes feeling quite comfortable which was a pleasing outcome as I had been half-expecting to blow up again.

2 comments:

Marco Consani said...

Hey Stephen,

Are you injured? What has happened to you "slow run with Natasha" at the weekend?

Marco

Stephen Mulrine said...

Thanks for your concern - we were in Barcelona!