Saturday 22 November 2008

2.5 miles steady, 10K moderate

Went out in the morning for 2.5 miles via Queen Margaret Drive, which actually came out at 2.48, in a leisurely 16:51.

In the early evening I set out to run the usual 5.2-mile route via Dorchester Avenue, but changed my mind en route and took a detour along the canal towards Lock 27. This turned out not to be such a great idea as it was too dark to see where I was running, although I hoped it might stretch the route out to 10K. When I reached the Botanic Gardens it was obvious that the route was going to be too short, but going up Queen Margaret Drive would have made it too long. I settled for a contrived route home via Napiershall Street and Burnbank Gardens, and had to run round the block at the end just to make up the 10K. Finishing time was 38:54.

No comments: