Thursday 10 December 2009

3.4 miles hard

Had more hip trouble playing football on Wednesday, although this time it got no worse during the course of the game. On Thursday I had recovered enough by the time I was walking home from work to consider attempting to run my usual West End route inside 20 minutes, which would be a huge route PB, but might be achievable with the Newtons if I could stay inside 6-minute miles. When I got to the first mile mark in 5:59 it was definitely on the cards, and although I stopped the timer when I got stuck at Queen Margaret Drive later on, I could probably just have let it run. I lost a few seconds here and there dodging rush-hour traffic and pedestrians but finished the 3.35 miles in 19:29, average pace 5:49/mile. Pace splits: 5:59, 5:43, 5:46, 5:49. Don't really see a reason to run in any other shoes ever again (with the possible exception of racing flats) unless I'm planning an easy run.

No comments: