Monday 14 December 2009

4.7 miles hard

Had another go at the shorter Monday night route via Station Road and Westerton to see if I could manage it inside a 6:00/mile average. I managed a reasonable 6:12 for the first mile, which contained Pendicle Road and most of the climb up Canniesburn Road, and expected to be able to bring my average down later on, although I thought I would probably miss my goal time due to tired legs. It turned out the road around the Science Park had been dug up and fenced off at the end, so I tried to make my way through on the grass, but that had been fenced off as well, so I had to turn around and pick my way along a dirt track through the buildings, which added on about 300m and also lost me a bit of time. Finished the 4.72 miles in 29:14 for a 6:12/mile average, only 13 seconds outside my PB for the shorter route. Pace splits: 6:12, 6:03, 6:05, 6:30, 6:07.

No comments: