Thursday 3 December 2009

5.9 miles hard

Football on Wednesday was much tougher than usual, but I thought with a physio visit scheduled for Friday, it was probably better to have an injury to demonstrate, and on the same premise I went along to training on Thursday. I spotted a large pack heading out and could probably have caught them up, but Joe arrived just then and had to change into his running gear, so I took the opportunity to swap the Lunar Trainers for the Newtons so I would stand a better chance of keeping up. The route took us down to Anniesland Cross, along Anniesland Road, Queen Victoria Drive, Danes Drive and back up Crow Road. I expected everybody else would be taking it fairly easy on account of the West Districts cross-country on Saturday, but we didn't catch up with anyone at all despite maintaining a brisk pace. Distance came out at 5.86 miles, time 38:16 for a 6:32/mile average. Pace splits: 7:07, 6:32, 6:19, 6:29, 6:30, 6:10.

No comments: