Sunday 6 December 2009

3.9 miles hard

Restricted mileage meant I couldn't go for a particularly long run on Sunday so instead I ran my usual route around the West End, extended via Cleveden Drive. I decided to make the most of it by wearing the Newtons. At all my usual checkpoints within the first mile I was within my best previous time, and midway through the second mile my average pace had dropped below 6:00/mile, so maintaining that became my goal. I got stuck at the lights at Queen Margaret Drive, which threatened to scupper my plans, so after a couple of seconds I stopped the timer. Got back home (3.91 miles) in a clear route PB of 23:14, not far off race pace at an average of 5:56/mile. Pace splits: 6:13, 5:41, 5:59, 5:50. Right hamstring a bit tight later on. Weekly total: 15 miles.

No comments: