Tuesday 15 January 2013

2.5 miles slow

After two weeks of inactivity I felt like I had progressed to limping mostly to avoid pain rather than on account of pain. All the symptoms suggested a stress fracture but I had never had any trouble driving, and the initial swelling in my forefoot had hardly been noticeable with only a small amount of bruising around the toes. I thought I would have a go at a short loop of Queen Margaret Drive and North Woodside Road and was prepared to throw in the towel if it wasn't going well. Wore the Lunarglide Shield as my most cushioned normal running shoes. As it turned out I was just about able to run on the outside of my foot and managed to hobble round in 21:43 for 2.50 miles, average pace 8:41/mile, HR 143. Didn't feel afterwards as if I'd made the injury any worse.

Pace splits (ave. HR): 8:56 (137), 8:34 (147), 8:24 (150)
HR zones: 2.7%, 23.9%, 73.1%, 0.3%, 0%

No comments: