Thursday 16 October 2008

7.3 miles tempo

I met the fast pack just as I was arriving at the Science Park and set off in pursuit once I had parked the car and got ready, probably about a minute behind. They were already out of sight but I had been given brief directions and headed up Rannoch Drive at something like race pace. I finally spotted a couple of figures at the very end of the road and caught up with the pack on Boclair Road, where I was able to ease off a bit. The route took us over Mosshead Road and Stockiemuir Avenue, and the pack started to break up down Drymen Road where I found it quite hard to hold on for a while, but on Canniesburn Road I was able to pick up some speed to try to stay in touch with the two leaders, and I finally caught up towards the end of Westerton Avenue, although one had stopped on account of not knowing the route. I completed the 7.3 miles in about 45:30 which was probably a bit too fast less than 48 hours before a race.

No comments: