Sunday 16 December 2007

Santa Race

Started second from the back with what seemed like no chance of catching anyone - the thigh injury was a bit better but not 100%. I dropped into last place within the first mile and stayed there all along Switchback Road. This meant I was the first Santa seen by any of the drivers going in the same direction as the race, and a lot of folk tooted their horns. By this time I had forgotten about the injury on account of the heat under the Santa suit, even though the temperature was just above freezing. Managed to catch and pass a few people, including some non-Santas (evidently not forced to start off scratch), and finished probably somewhere in the middle of the bunch in the second fastest time, 19:10 or so. Faster than I expected, and I don't seem to have made the injury any worse.

1 comment:

Marco Consani said...

I too was disgusted that the non-santas didnt start from scratch Stephen. Especially you having made such an effort to dress as evil santa!!