Thursday 13 December 2007

Thursday session

Had a groin strain of some sort after playing football on Wednesday, but thought all day that it would probably wear off, even as I was running to the car to drive up to the Science Park. I ran a few laps of the car park and decided I should probably go straight back home. The fast group was fairly depleted (in fact turnout was pretty poor overall) and as they ran off into the distance I changed my mind and caught up with them - on the basis that Friday would be a day off anyway, and it felt more like a footballing injury than a running one. I was able to maintain the steady pace OK but I felt like the injury was getting worse as we were going up the hill towards Bearsden Cross. Gave up at that point and walked/jogged along Roman Road and back to the car, by which point I was feeling slightly better. Should be OK in a couple of days, I think.

3 comments:

Debs M-C said...

More importantly, I hope you're OK for dancing on Sunday.

Marco Consani said...

Woohoo one less fast runner for the Santa Race on Sunday... No Christmas cheer from me!!! bah humbug...


Only kidding Stephen. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Stephen Mulrine said...

Sunday race is looking dubious at the moment! I'm afraid dancing is right out - if I manage to run on Sunday then I need to practise a convincing hobble which of course "only came on after the race".