Saturday 8 December 2007

Short recovery and hills

Went out in the morning for the usual slow 5K with Natasha who was trying out her new Vomeros. It was pretty cold with light rain. In the afternoon I went back to Kelvingrove Park to run up that hill again - by now the rain had turned to snow although it hadn't yet started to lie. My sixth rep was interrupted by the attentions of a dog. "I'm really sorry, he's just frightened," its owner said as she finally put a lead on the thing - of course, Doctor Doolittle, that's why it made a bee-line for me from a distance. As soon as they were out of sight I resumed the session which was rapidly turning into a waste of time in the conditions. Went to the Granite Staircase to try to run up it a few times (another idea stolen from "Debs/Marco on running"), but the snow had made it too slippery. By now my feet were soaked through so I just went home. I'll find out tomorrow if the hill session made any difference at all. Should probably have gone to the Kelvin Hall instead.

No comments: