Saturday 29 December 2007

Short recovery

Not really a recovery, I suppose, given that I didn't do anything on Friday. I just wanted to stretch the legs a bit so went out with Natasha for a couple of miles and didn't think I could do anything else worthwhile with a race coming up tomorrow. There's the 4.2 mile Hogmanay Handicap I have taken part in for many years in a row, even last year when I more or less had to hobble round, but this year it clashes with an indoor 800m. There aren't many of these and there are loads of longer races coming up, so I think it's the 800 for me. The thought of doing both did cross my mind but I can't get from one to the other in time. I am certainly fitter than I was the last time I ran an 800, but I haven't done much speed training recently. Probably looking for 2:12 or better.

No comments: