Tuesday 3 June 2008

3.85 miles steady, Paarlauf

Out before breakfast in the rain for an extension of the usual route, leaving Maryhill Road at Shakespeare Street instead of Garrioch Road but then heading up Cleveden Drive and down Cleveden Road to Great Western Road. I thought this would be around 4 miles but it came out a bit short. Completed in 25:25. My right hamstring was a bit doubtful afterwards so I did some calf stretches during the day.

In the evening the club training session was a 20-minute paarlauf. The other half of my team promised to take it easy but may possibly not have been sticking to this agreement. In any case I ran cautiously to avoid injuring myself - only really noticed my quads were a bit sore - and didn't get dragged into a race. The hamstring wasn't any worse afterwards and I worked on the calf later on.

No comments: