Thursday 26 June 2008

5.15 miles moderate, 10 miles tempo

After a whole day off to recover, I ran the new 5.15-mile route again and found it much easier. Completed in 33:12 which works out at 6:27 per mile.

In the evening the club training schedule offered the choice of 6 or 10 miles. I joined the small 10-mile group although they went out earlier than I expected and I only caught them up after the first mile. The route was up Milngavie Road and Strathblane Road, round the far side of Mugdock Reservoir, and back down Mugdock Road. I had the SportBand on again because the battery of my usual sports watch had finally run out. The pace was very steady to begin with and after 3 Garmin-measured miles the SportBand was showing 2.93, but as we sped up it started to drift. I was feeling absolutely fine so didn't mind at all as the pace increased. The pack fell apart in the last few miles and my final mile was probably at 10K pace. The course came out at 9.92 miles by GPS (SportBand said 9.34), finishing time was 1:11:16.

No comments: