Thursday 19 June 2008

4.6 miles moderate, 7 miles tempo

Out before breakfast for the same 4.6-mile route. My blister was a lot worse from playing football on Wednesday evening but I still reached the top of Queen Margaret Drive in 6 minutes and maintained that pace until around the two-mile mark when I eased off a bit to keep something in reserve for the club session in the evening, although I still aimed to complete the route inside 30 minutes. With the assistance of some good luck with all the traffic lights, I finished in 29:50, which is 6:29 per mile.

In the evening the 7-mile route took us through Dawsholm Park, along the canal to Maryhill Fire Station, down Queen Margaret Drive to the Botanic Gardens and straight onto the Kelvin Walkway, then back to Garscube Estate via Dawsholm Park, although every pack seemed to have its own interpretation of the route. We finished just inside 46 minutes and for once the fast pack stayed together all the way. The run itself was quite comfortable but walking back to the car afterwards was difficult, so I decided Friday would be a rest day. I also finally got rid of the Nike+ widget from this blog.

No comments: