Thursday 26 April 2012

9 miles steady

Went for a longer run in in the south-east of Minsk, heading down Dolgobrodskaya and Partizanskiy before turning onto Radialnaya with the intention of running a large loop. I had memorised the route and remembered I had to turn left at a roundabout at the end of Radialnaya, but I turned left one roundabout too early and didn't notice because I had expected to cross a railway line on the way home, and there was by chance another railway line crossing Vaupshasova which hadn't been shown on my map. It was only when I reached the Traktor Stadium that I realised I was heading in completely the wrong direction. Deduced from the position of the sun in the sky that I was facing south-west, so I turned round and took the next left onto what turned out to be Dolgobrodskaya, and I soon recognised the MAZ factory and just headed back the way I had come, fighting a minor battle towards the end to maintain an average pace inside 7-minute miles. Exactly 9 miles in 1:02:48, average pace 6:58/mile.

Pace splits: 7:04, 6:51, 6:46, 6:54, 6:46, 6:56, 7:11, 7:16, 7:02

No comments: