Sunday 9 March 2008

4 miles slow, 7 miles moderate

Having missed a day, Natasha wasn't against the idea of a slightly longer run so I extended our usual route via Cleveden Drive and Cleveden Road. (I have a vague recollection that the Glasgow Marathon went that way the year it was a full marathon.) I had started off with very stiff legs but was recovering quite well towards the end. In the afternoon I set out to do decreasing loops at a moderate pace: first loop is up Maryhill Road, over Cleveden Road, back along Great Western Road, then up North Woodside to Maryhill Road again; second loop is via Garrioch Road instead of Cleveden; and third loop is via Queen Margaret Drive. The outside of my right knee began to hurt inside the first mile and didn't get any better, so when I reached Queen's Cross on the second loop I decided it would have to be the final one instead. I would just have given up and gone back home except I was reasonably sure I can take care of the injury with a bit of stretching - it's bothered me a few times recently and been fine the next day.

No comments: