Thursday 6 March 2008

9K fast

Tonight's club training run was supposed to be 5 miles - the shortest Thursday run we ever do - so I planned to try to keep up with the leaders as long as possible, at race pace if necessary. As it turned out, though, the fast pack was fairly depleted. I was still determined to put in a proper effort, and in any case we were maintaining a brisk pace up Milngavie Road and caught the next pack relatively quickly. I took it on as we headed up Mosshead Road and had opened up a fair gap by the time I reached Stockiemuir Road. After battling a strong headwind on the way down Drymen Road, the long, flat stretch to the finish seemed to go on for ever and I couldn't muster much of a kick, but I was fastest finisher (possibly for the first time in years) in 35:05. Debs's GPS doofer measured the course at 5.59 miles, another estimate was 9.2K.

No comments: