Sunday 30 August 2009

14 miles steady

By late afternoon I felt well enough to rack up a few more miles, so I headed through Kelvingrove Park and down towards Yorkhill, only to trip on the distorted pavement on Kelvin Way and suffer some hamstring pain as a consequence. I limped on for a bit and decided I would probably be able to run it off, so I continued down to Glasgow Harbour and along the cyclepath to Clydebank. After about 7 miles, as I headed back along the canal, the hamstring started to play up and my average pace began to slip outside 7:30/mile. I was quite dehydrated despite the rain and had to stop for a drink at Blairdardie. On reaching the bridge over Lochburn Road, I was just inside a 7:45 average, but I managed to pick it up fairly well for the last mile and a half, finishing the 14.02 miles in 1:47:58, 7:42/mile overall. Weekly total: 51 miles.

No comments: