Thursday 27 August 2009

6.9 miles moderate

I had some lower back and hamstring tightness and thought of taking a day to recover, but in the end I went along to the club training session, prepared to drop out after half a mile if necessary. The route was the same as I run on a Tuesday when I'm not doing the club session. It was supposed to be run at an easy pace, but by the time we got to the 3-mile mark at St George's Cross, the average pace was 6:30 and dropping. I fell off the back at this point, although I did very briefly catch up with Ben and Mark when they got stuck for over 30 seconds trying to cross Queen Margaret Drive. I finished at the bridge in Garscube Estate in 46:10, which gave me a respectable 6:40/mile average for the 6.92 miles, although I was the last to arrive.

No comments: