Thursday 8 October 2009

6.2 miles hard

The club training session was billed as a 6-mile run. Natasha wanted to give it a try so I drove up instead of running there. This also allowed me to have another go with the Newtons. As I was still changing my shoes at the car I missed the announcements at the start, when the ludicrous new organisation of the club's Winter League was described. There were three of us in the fast pack and the route took us out the top gate, down Crow Road, up Gardner Street, over Cleveden Road and Cowal Road, and back along Maryhill Road. I did OK in the Newtons although it still felt pretty strange. I thought I might have to drop off later on through tired legs but I was still up at the front all the way to the top of Cowal Road, and I only fell away slightly in the last mile, which was still my fastest mile of the evening. The slowest was the one containing Gardner Street, not surprisingly. Finished the 6.19 miles in 39:51 for a 6:26/mile average. Pace splits (more meaningful than time splits, I'll go back and edit the others at some point): 6:52, 6:21, 6:17, 6:58, 6:22, 5:58, 5:36.

No comments: