Sunday 4 October 2009

7.7 miles steady

In the afternoon I went for a longer run along Great Western Road for a loop of Anniesland Road and Southbrae Drive. I was planning to run at a comfortable pace and decided to give the Asics Nimbus another go, but after two miles it was already becoming a bit of an ordeal. I eased off a bit when I realised what was happening. The Nimbus get great reviews but are apparently just too heavy for me and don't suit my running style at all with a large heel which seems to shift slightly underfoot. It's worse on the left, and it's the left side where I've had hip and hamstring problems since I got them. I suppose I could tie the laces a bit tighter but I don't like running with tight laces, and there's still the weight issue, so I'm afraid it's the end of the road for them. As well as shoe problems I also had trouble crossing the road in a few places. Time for the 7.73 miles was 58:44, average pace 7:36/mile. Splits: 7:31, 7:15, 7:56, 7:07, 7:48, 8:09, 7:32, 5:22. Weekly total: 25 miles.

No comments: