Thursday 8 May 2008

3.25 miles moderate

My Nike+ SportBand arrived on Wednesday so I set up the Nike+ widget on this blog in the evening (which appears to have messed up the formatting a bit and might take a bit of fixing) and then tried it out on Thursday morning before breakfast. I already had two pairs of compatible running shoes, but I wasn't about to buy an iPod Nano as I never run with earphones. Went out for a route via Garrioch Road that I was fairly sure was 3.25 miles, although after 3 minutes the (uncalibrated) SportBand was reporting the distance as 0.40 miles which seemed a bit on the slow side, and when I reached the mile point I had previously identified using GPS, the distance shown was only 0.9 miles. It looked like the default calibration was around 10% out, and on arriving back home in 22:31 the recorded total was 3.00 miles, although I had certainly been running faster than 7:30 miles. I won't update my Nike+ profile until I get it sorted out. My quads were quite sore, probably from playing football the previous evening.

No comments: