Sunday 25 May 2008

5K slow, 9.3 miles steady

Went out in the morning for a slow 5K or so around the West End with Natasha. This time I let her try the SportBand and new sensor with calibration reset to see if her shorter stride would give more accurate results, but it was already somewhat out by the first mile mark. The actual distance was 3.2 miles although it was measured at just under 3.

In the afternoon I went round the Great Western Road - Blairdardie - Canniesburn - Maryhill Road route for the first time in a while. I reached Drumchapel Road in exactly 30 minutes which was a couple of minutes ahead of schedule for a steady run. At the top of Queen Margaret Drive I noticed the SportBand display showed "1h00" and I thought it had crashed, but when it changed to "1h01" I figured it out, although I was less than impressed that it had stopped displaying seconds. Finishing time was 1:03:50 for 9.3 miles (SportBand said 7.45).

No comments: