Monday 19 May 2008

3.4 miles moderate, 4 miles fast/recovery

Went out for the usual 3.4 miles before breakfast, completed in 22:30. The SportBand reported the distance as 3.35 miles. This is almost close enough to put up with, but in the evening I ran from Bearsden Asda and followed a route around the Science Park for what was recorded as 2.37 miles in 15:45 yet seemed significantly further. I jogged 1.5 miles back to the car as a recovery although I picked up the pace a bit halfway round. Gmaps showed later that the longer distance was actually around 2.5 miles. The SportBand is apparently less accurate with different running shoes or a faster pace - probably both - and the difference in this case is too great to ignore. I didn't delete the run from the Nike+ web site but will attempt to calibrate the device yet again. If I can get it accurate for one pair of shoes at a reasonable pace then it shouldn't be too far out for running faster in the other shoes. I suppose I could have a different sensor for each pair, though.

No comments: