Sunday 13 July 2008

14 miles moderate

In the late afternoon I tackled at a 14-mile loop I haven't run in a long time. The route was via Kelvingrove Park and Yorkhill, then the cycle path to Clydebank, and back along the canal, rejoining Maryhill Road at the fire station. I reached the canal in Clydebank in 48 minutes, comfortably inside the 50 minutes I remembered from previous attempts, although the improved walkway alongside the Expressway probably helped. A few minutes later the knee problem was threatening to resurface but it was fine again after 30 seconds and didn't bother me again, although I could feel the hamstring on the same side was getting a bit tight. Checking the route later on Gmaps showed my pace must have increased slightly on the way back and I finished in 1:33:48 for a 6:43/mile average. The distance was actually 13.95 miles.

No comments: