Thursday 3 July 2008

5.15 miles moderate, 10 miles steady

Went out before breakfast for the same 5.15-mile route. Legs a bit stiff from playing football on Wednesday evening. I was a few seconds up on Wednesday morning's run up until the last mile or so when I eased off a bit. Finished in 33:35, 6:31 per mile.

In the evening I jogged the 5K or so up to the club training session feeling quite sluggish. A smaller turnout than usual meant the fast pack had left shortly before I arrived, and via the top gate otherwise I would have seen them on Maryhill Road. Instead I ran up to Kessington for a single steady lap of the old course of the club 5-mile road race, with a loop of the warmup trail at the end to make it up to 3.5 miles, completed in just over 25 minutes. I ran back down the road feeling slightly better although with sore quads again.

No comments: