Monday 28 July 2008

4.8 miles moderate, hills

I failed to set the alarm properly but still woke up in time to get in a few miles before breakfast, albeit not the planned 10K. Ran the same 4.8-mile route I tried a couple of times last week, this time finishing in 31:46, 6:37 per mile, despite getting stuck at St George's Road for about 20 seconds.

In the evening I jogged from Bearsden Asda down to Chesters Road for a couple of hill reps. I was barely able to move from the outset but loosened up after a minute or two. The reps were completed in 68 and 67 seconds. Legs were pretty wasted after the first one but I convinced myself to do another on the premise that it would be the last one for the evening and I would have a long recovery first. I felt slightly the better for it afterwards.

No comments: