Thursday 17 July 2008

9K steady, 10.5 miles moderate

It was more difficult than usual to drag myself out before breakfast, but I persevered and ended up running the same route at a much steadier pace. Finished in 38:31, 6:50 per mile, which was better than I had expected. This took me up to 50 miles since Saturday.

The club training session in the evening was a 10.5-mile run through Dawsholm Park, along the Kelvin Walkway to Botanic Gardens, up Queen Margaret Drive to join the canal at the fire station, then all the way out to Blairdardie, and back to the Science Park via Canniesburn Road. Some of the fast pack took the 6.5-mile option which involved leaving the canal at Lock 27, but I pressed on to take my total for the week up to an almost-unprecedented 60 miles and help me justify an entire day off on Friday. There was a spell between 7 and 8 miles where the pace seemed to increase slightly and I had to work hard to keep up, but the hills brought some respite after we left the canal. Quads were just as sore as usual. Time for the 10.5 miles was 1:11:14.

No comments: