Sunday 20 September 2009

10 miles moderate

Tried a tougher run in the afternoon and set up a 6:45 training partner for 10 miles. The route consisted of three loops. The first via Dorchester Avenue was the hardest, and my first mile up Garscube Road and Maryhill Road was somewhat better than usual but still left me trailing by a few feet. After the second mile I began to settle into a rhythm. Each loop ended on North Woodside Road and the next one started with the long climb up Maryhill Road which accounts for the slower splits. Coming up for 10 miles I was well ahead of schedule, and the Forerunner promptly played a happy tune and decided I had finished, even though I was still running and was about 300m away from home. That part of the run remained unrecorded. Finishing time (for 10 miles) was 1:06:36, average pace 6:40/mile. Splits: 6:48, 6:40, 6:42, 6:36, 6:31, 6:43, 6:32, 6:34, 6:45, 6:38. Weekly total: 37 miles.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like the old magic is on it's way back ?

Good running.

JTJ

Stephen Mulrine said...

Cheers - looks like I can get the miles in OK but running fast might be the tricky bit...