Thursday 10 September 2009

2.9 miles slow, 4 miles moderate, 1.9 miles slow

I ran up to training again for a session billed as 6-7 miles. The route took us out the top gate, down Bearsden Road and Crow Road, up Clarence Drive, along Highburgh Road and up Byres Road. The pace had increased significantly by this point and although I was quite confident of making it at least to Cleveden Road without dropping off, I hadn't quite recovered from Tuesday's session and had to stop on account of a hip niggle. Jogged home from Botanic Gardens, felt OK at the slower pace and continued all the way to the bottom of Great Western Road and back up Garscube Road. I had GPS problems after Clarence Drive which led to the route being over-measured, but it was probably slightly over 4 miles. Average pace where I bailed out was somewhere inside 6:40/mile and dropping, after a steady first mile.

No comments: